Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I wanna go fishing...

I'm watching a Wisconsin fishing show and it's really making me want to go fishing. I can't wait to go. I love fishing. My favorite fish to catch are bass. They are sooo fun, jumpin' all over like they do. I have caught one northern in my lifetime. (I thought it was a big one and was told it was a 'big baby' and I had to throw it back) It was fun to fight though! I also caught a large mouth bass that was HUGE once, but it wasn't during the right season so my dad made me throw it back! (I cried) I was 10! I wanted to keep my big fish! I like to catch perch, crappie, bass, bull head (yes I like to catch them it's fun...not so fun to take them off the hook, that they usually swallow, but I like to catch them) ummmmmmm what else do I like to catch.....I think that's about it! At least that's all I can think of right now.

I also love to pick night crawlers in the garden and around the yard at night with the flash lights......too fun! It takes skill though, you can't just run up on them or pull too hard if you do grab them! Way awesome fun! Chelsea (girlie-girl of mine) isn't so into the whole worms thing but Lindsay (my little tomboy) ohhhhhh she is the best little night-crawler catcher there is! She's like her mama, she loves gettin' dirty.

We've never really gone anywhere big to fish so we've never really caught much more than pan fish.......I used to go camping up at Madeline Lake when I was a kid and I did take my kids there once a few years ago......that place is great! I would love to go there again! We usually just go here around town at the park or down in the river <---river is hard to do with little kids....I'm always afraid she's gonna fall in! Paranoid mom I know!

I can't wait to throw on some cutoffs, a tank top and flip-flops, grab my ugly stick and my matching ugly stick baseball hat <--it's so cool....hehe...(and the kids poles too of course) some sunblock, a cooler full of soda and sandwiches....oh yeah and the night-crawlers we picked.....jump in the truck and head out to the lake!

(Oh yeah....I caught a HUGE rainbow trout once too......I sort of cheated though....it was at one of those streams that you pay to fish.......I caught it using a cane pole and a piece of corn.....the thing was 3 1/2 lbs. It was awesome!!!!

2 comments:

"My Little Wonders" said...

Blue gills and sun fish....oh the salmon that almost came swimming in the pool.....lol

Trail Ridin' Mama said...

Ohhhh yeah I remember that one.....wasn't that your bday party? :)