Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Health Update...Wed...

We just got back from the appointment in Appleton with the surgeon. He said that yes Jim needs the surgery a.s.a.p. He refused to do the surgery because being that it will be the 4th open heart surgery it is way to risky to do the surgery. This surgeon is one of the best in Wisconsin and he still won't do it. So that means that there is no one in Wisconsin or Illinois that will be willing to take the risk and do this surgery. As far as the other route in Chicago, that one isn't going to work for this type of situation.

So for now all they can and will do is monitor the aneurysm and hope it doesn't grow fast so we can continue to search for a surgeon that will be willing to do such a risky surgery.

The reason the surgery is so risky is because of all the scare tissue that is there from the last three surgeries. It is too difficult to decipher what is what once you get in there and also because the scare tissue will cause major bleeding that is extremely hard to control and stop (which is exactly what almost killed him during the last surgery).

They have also cancelled the cardiac cath that was scheduled for 9:00am. tomorrow, they said it doesn't pay to put him through more stuff when the surgery isn't going to happen (at least not yet it isn't) It really has to because if it's growing fast it could rupture at any time or of it's growing slow we have approximately 6 months to find a surgeon to do the surgery.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Jim's health. I hope they can find something for him.

Forgot to say, I love what you did to the place. LOL.. I lost all my blog list sites last week on my blog and I haven't had time to add them back yet. I hadn't checked your site in a week or so. I had asked if they would make a 4-H template on that site and this is what they came up with it. I like it just wish the clovers were a bit smaller.

Email me from my site, I want to ask you a ?? about that itsirrational site and their templates.