Thursday, January 24, 2008

Well the quitting smoking thing didn't work too well, I ended up not quitting! I am however, planning to have another go at it. Only problem is that every time I tell myself I really want to quit I end up wanting to smoke even more. I really feel that I do want to quit, I know it's totally bad for my health and my kids health, I know it stinks, burns my fingers (sometimes) burns my clothes (sometimes) gets in my eyes and burns, gives me ash tray breath, makes my clothes smell terrible, hurts my throat and lungs and so on and so on! So why is it everytime I get it into my head that I really want to quit then pick a date, then when that date comes along I end up not quitting? If any one has any advice I'm all ears! Thanks in advance!

6 comments:

"My Little Wonders" said...

Prayer......Put something else in its place so when you want to smoke you instead do the other thing and it may take your mind off of it. Candy or chew on a tooth pick or even sun flower seeds. Try to meditate when you have the urge to smoke. There are a few things you may try, just don't give up it will work in time. I will pray for you too.
Love ya
Me

"My Little Wonders" said...

I found a blog you may like...
http://victoriacummings.blogspot.com/

It is a horse blogger.

learninghorses said...

I used Zyban. It worked like a charm and I took away all my triggers. There were some tough moments but this spring it will be 5 years.

If I had a bad habit I wanted to quit now I would use a lot more meditation and I would not focus on quitting smoking, I would focus on being smoke free. I would KNOW in my soul that I was now smoke free and HEALTHY and envision my life being healthy.

Good Luck and although it is hard, it is so worth it to your health, for your family. Let us know what we can do to support you.

Callie said...

Yeah, I understand, I really need to quit too!

Trail Ridin' Mama said...

Callie, maybe we should make a plan to quit together? :)

Anonymous said...

i understand its hard, here is one method i used that actually worked and does not require drugs, ask your dr. for a photo of an adult smokers lungs, and a photo of a child's lungs exposed to second hand smoke, i cried every time i saw it, could you imagine giving your children cancer because you smoke? of course not! and its just as bad for animals! i know its a little harsh, but its the only way i found that worked for me, hope it helps you! best of luck and God bless.