Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Working on Showmanship

We have been working with Danny every other day during the week and every Saturday and Sunday. Lounging, walking, trotting and working on lots of groundwork. We are all bonding very well. C has been working on Showmanship with him and they are coming along good. He is really listening to her. Both the girls have been riding him too. He loves all the grooming attention he gets. The girls and I brush him and clean his feet both before and after we do anything with him. He gets treats after we are all finished (regular horse treats we baked, apples and carrots). He's getting some muscle tone to him and his coat is getting nice and shiny from all that grooming. We also sprayed him down the other night after I lunged him. I was very happy to see that he will have no problem with taking a bath. He gave one of those looks like....ahhhhhhh that feels sooooooo good...of course it was 92 degrees out too so I'm sure it did feel good.

1 comment:

"My Little Wonders" said...

Good job on making your own treats, I think that is cool. Do you add vitamins or any other additives to your treats? Could you post the recipe? Thanks
Blessings Lori