Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Too much raining going on....

Hello all,
Well it's been raining like crazy here lately....if it's not raining it's still too wet to even do anything. We did however manage to get Danny into the indoor arena and do some work with him the other day, I believe it was Saturday. It was his first time ever in the indoor arena. He didn't spook a bit and a large firework even went off down the road and he never budged. Both the girls and I took turns walking and trotting with him on the ground to do some work with manners and respect. I lunged him a bit with the lunge line. The lunging was a bit awkward since neither of us (Danny or me) were very used to doing it, but we did it and he did well. I guess that means I did too. :o) The girls cleaned him up all nice and spotless in the cross ties. I was told by his old owner that he would get a bit antsy in the cross ties when she did it (which she normally didn't, she just straight tied him to a post) but he stood very calmly for a very long time, I would say almost an hour straight, while the girls and I cleaned him up. While Chelsea was taking her riding lesson with the lesson horse Lindsay and I took Danny for a little walk to eat some fresh grass in the front yard since there was a small break in the rain. I would say it was a very good bonding day for all of us. Well the rain is supposed to stop this Friday so hopefully we will get some riding time in this weekend, either in the indoor arena or the outdoor.

No comments: