Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Gizmo's first "at home" haircut

Gizmo (we call him Gizzy) is our dog. He is a 2 year old Cockapoo with curly black hair. Usually I take him in to the groomers and they shave him down. I don't like that look on him as it makes him look too much like a poodle. We like his hair longer. Problem with the longer hair is that it matts up so easily (which of course is a big pain). Sooooooo I decided that I would try to cut his hair myself. It seemed to take forever but handful by handful I found a dog under all that hair. He doesn't look too bad either. I will post a picture later. It's good thing hair grows back, both girls plan to show him at the county fair this year.


Gizzy last Christmas (This is what he looks like normally) :o)


4 comments:

"My Little Wonders" said...

The dog must feel good though with all its hair gone for the warm weather.

Trail Ridin' Mama said...

Yes he sure does seem to feel better.....looking a little goofy but I'm still working on it. As I see a long chunk of hair I chop it off...LOL.

"My Little Wonders" said...

What a cutie......so how does he look now???? LOL

Kathy C said...

Awww, he's adorable. My girls are doing dog for the first time this year. So, of course now they want another dog so they can both show!!