Thursday, September 10, 2009

BAD night at the barn...

Went out to the barn with the intention of seeing how Danny would do if Lindsay and I rode him double. I want to get Lindsay out on a trail ride this year yet and she's not ready to go on her own......Well I got on then Lindsay got on, we just sat there for a few minutes so he could get used to the new situation, started to walk off and proceeded to walk around the indoor arena (sand is a softer landing then ground), we walked for about 15 mins and there was no problems at all......then out of the blue Danny starts bucking, just a few harsh crow hops, no full blown bucks or anything, I spin him in a tight circle to stop this behavior while Lindsay is desperately clinging to me from behind. Once he stops I hold him in a tight bend so that he can't buck anymore.....have Lindsay get off because I had no idea if he was then going to go into full blown bucking....so she slides down off him and I stay on to show him that he can't get away with that sort of crap....I ride off just walking and the little crapper starts doing it again with just me on him.....now there is no way he's hurting or anything because there is no saddle on just the bareback pad......well I ride through it and stop on the next 'good note'........whew survived my little YeeHaw moment......well we didn't plan on staying long and the mosquitoes were getting bad so we take him in his stall, brush him down, do our routine babying before we leave......and last as always give him a couple treats......well Danny isn't exactly gentle when taking treats so you have to be careful so he doesn't mistake your fingers for a treat......Lindsay wants to give him a treat......so the way we do it with her because her fingers are so little I will hold the ends of her fingers and bend her hand downward while the treat rests in the palm of her hand and he takes the treat......WELL that didn't go as well as it has in the past.....Danny got my hand right at the bottom of my thumb, clamped right onto the bone.....not sure yet but I believe it may be fractured......hurts really bad, is starting to turn colors and is slightly swollen..(yes I've had ice on it all night)...I can move it but it hurts real bad when I do.......Needless to say, it's a good thing I'm not left handed! Wowza.....talk about a rough evening of fun riding. =)

No comments: